Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Outsourced


Just as I thought I was "winning", they keep calling me back...

Local time: 9:30 pm

"Jennifer": May I speak to Racnaroth Cryptopeles?
Me: Who?
Jennifer: *giggles* Am I pronouncing that correctly?
Me: Sure, if you're looking for Racnaroth Cryptopeles.
Jennifer: We need a moderate payment of 1.50.
Me: If I pay a "moderate" one dollar fifty you'll stop calling me?
Jennifer: *GIGGLES HYSTERICALLY* Noooooooooou!!! A payment of $150 is needed.
Me: You realize that I cancelled your services 3 months ago?
Jennifer: *typing*
Me: Where are you calling from?
Jennifer: St. Louis, Ohio.
Me: They moved St. Louis to Ohio? No wonder...
Jennifer: *click*

Sigh.

14 comments:

  1. "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *comforted smile*

      Why can't call centers call us with great quotes?
      "Not the hill I want to die on"

      Delete
  2. Do they teach American geography in schools in India?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      Not in the curriculum training script class.
      Pronouncing our last names might be a start.

      Delete
  3. Racnaroth sounds like he could be related to you. Maybe you should look him up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking! I should. Does he have a broadsword, crossbow or portal gun?

      Delete
    2. All of the above, obviously.

      Delete
    3. Yeah. Sure. But in RL I can't lug all of that.
      A portal gun however could send them to China.
      Hmmm...*raises eyebrow, pets cat*

      Delete
  4. Hubby has found a new response for the "hello...I am calling about a problem on your computer" people..
    he says.. "I don't have a computer"
    "ah you have laptop then?"..
    he then says, "I don't have a laptop..."..
    ..."Oh... well F**K off then!" *CLICK!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.Yup. I have done the same, with the same call.
      And pretend I am 100 years old.

      Delete
  5. This "Jennifer" person sounds hot! You should have taken her number. Oh wait, she already has yours.

    I'm a little perplexed over all the giggling. Was that some form of a diversion tactic? You should have asked her the success rate of this scam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      Probably a high success rate. Irritating, because I canceled them 3 months ago, so they would have my number.
      Makes for a lazy post when I don't have time to write.:)

      Delete
  6. I feel your exasperation. More outsour than outsourcing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Very good hidden word, Master Wordsmith.

      Delete

I get paid in com(pli)ments.
Comment, Discuss or Foruminate.
Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.